- “Putin and Lavrov’s irresponsible statements about the possible use of nuclear weapons are completely unacceptable,” Dmytro Kuleba wrote.
- Mykhailo Podolak, adviser to the President of Ukraine, also spoke about this. – When it comes to the nuclear threat, it is no longer a problem for Ukraine, it is a very global problem – he said.
- – The European Union should take Russian President Vladimir Putin’s threats about the possible use of nuclear weapons in the war in Ukraine seriously – Joseph Borrell said in an interview with the BBC.
- You can follow us 24 hours a day with information about the security of Ukraine Direct relationships
- More important information can be found on the Onet homepage
– All territories of the Russian Federation are covered by the Russian Constitution and, of course, fully protected by the state, which is completely natural. Sergey Lavrov, who was in New York for the UN General Assembly, said that the Russian Federation can apply all laws, principles, ideas and strategies throughout its territory.
Commenting on the US declaration of the inevitable reaction of Washington if the Ukrainian territories join Russia, the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry said that he “does not want to make any gloomy predictions”. By supplying weapons to Kiev, the US, the EU and NATO, they cannot remain neutral and say they are not participating in the conflict.
According to Lavrov, the United States, by sending weapons to Ukraine and providing intelligence and satellite data to Kiev, puts itself in a situation where “it is not neutral and is a party to the conflict.”
The Russian minister verbally attacked the West, saying that “official Russophobia in the West is unprecedented and its scale is grotesque,” while the European Union, according to Lavrov, has become “totalitarian and totalitarian.”
The rest of the article can be found under the video:
Lavrov’s words received a firm response from Ukraine. “The Kremlin’s statements about the possible use of nuclear weapons are completely unacceptable and Kyiv will not surrender,” Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba wrote on Twitter last night.
“Putin and Lavrov’s irresponsible statements about the use of nuclear weapons are completely unacceptable,” Kuleba wrote. “Ukraine will not give in. We call on all nuclear powers to speak up and explain to Russia that such rhetoric is a threat to the world and will not be tolerated,” he added.
Mykhailo Podolak, adviser to the President of Ukraine, also spoke about this. – When it comes to the nuclear threat, it is no longer a problem for Ukraine, it is a very global problem. Russia has openly declared its readiness to violate the general principle of nuclear deterrence signed by many nuclear powers. Podolak said the doctrine specifically states that nuclear weapons cannot be used in an attack against a country that does not have nuclear weapons.
According to him, a large country with nuclear weapons, Russia, which until now “humiliated” and humiliated everyone, considers itself better and stronger than all other countries, now openly threatens to use nuclear weapons against small, non-nuclear Ukraine.
– This is a very important nuance. The Treaty on the Non-Use of Nuclear Weapons clearly defines the mechanism for the possibility of their use: whether there is a threat to the territorial integrity of the state. The war is being waged only on the territory of Ukraine, that is, on the territories occupied by Russia. Adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky emphasized that absolutely these areas are the territory of Ukraine and certainly no one here is a threat to Russia.
In his opinion, other countries with nuclear weapons should warn Russia about the possible consequences of such an action, so it is necessary to give Russia an appropriate signal that any attempt to use nuclear weapons will be considered an attack on civilization and nuclear power. A retaliatory attack will be launched.
– The world needs to stop this game. No referendum, no Russian territories in Ukraine. The Ukrainian lands we are liberating are occupied, so if Russia talks about nuclear weapons, don’t flirt with them. She concluded that the nuclear treaty exists and that all nuclear-weapon states can launch a counterattack under it.
The EU diplomatic chief also responded to Russia’s threats. “The EU must take Russian President Vladimir Putin’s threats about the possible use of nuclear weapons in the Ukraine war seriously,” Joseph Borrell told the BBC.
According to him, the war has reached a “dangerous moment”. “It’s certainly a dangerous moment because the Russian military is cornered and Putin’s response — nuclear threats — is so wrong,” Borrell said.
Even as Putin’s forces are pulled out of many parts of Ukraine, we must continue to strive for a “diplomatic solution” to this crisis that will “preserve Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”
“Otherwise we can end the war, but there will be no peace, we will have another war,” Borrell insisted.
– When people say that it’s not nonsense, you have to take them seriously – emphasized the head of EU diplomacy. The Russian leader announced, referring to Putin’s speech a few days ago “If our state, our land and our nation are threatened, we will use all means necessary to defend ourselves.” It’s not nonsense,” he said.
Date Created: Today, 01:29
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”