Happy lazy Sunday people! I’ve decided that every Sunday we’ll dive into history before we turn to our Wordle guide. I suppose this is a bit of laziness on my part. I don’t have to come up with anything clever. I cannot help but list the famous historical events that took place on this day over the years, centuries and ages.
On August 27th, here are some of the big historical moments that helped shape our world – and it turns out that some very big things happened on this day, including a “Mars opposition”:
- 1859The first successful oil well in the United States was drilled by Edwin Drake near Titusville, Pennsylvania, marking the beginning of the modern oil industry.
- 1883The volcanic island of Krakatoa in Indonesia erupted in a series of violent eruptions, resulting in one of the most powerful volcanic eruptions in recorded history. The eruption had far-reaching effects on the global climate and weather conditions.
- 1928: The Kellogg-Briand Pact, also known as the Paris Pact, was signed by 15 countries, which renounced war as a means of settling international disputes. Although it did not ultimately prevent World War II, it laid the foundation for the concept of international peace and disarmament.
- 1962: The Mariner 2 spacecraft, launched by NASA, became the first spacecraft to successfully fly around Venus, providing valuable data about the planet’s atmosphere and surface temperature.
- 1967: The Beatles’ manager, Brian Epstein, has been found dead at his home in London. Epstein played a crucial role in the success of the Beatles and their rise to international fame.
- 2003: Mars came closest to Earth in nearly 60,000 years, a phenomenon known as “Mars opposition”. This event allowed for exceptional viewing of the planet from Earth.
- 2003The human-caused wildfire known as the Cedar Fire began in California and eventually became one of the largest and most destructive wildfires in the state’s history.
- 2007NASA launched the Phoenix spacecraft on a mission to Mars. The spacecraft successfully landed on Mars in May 2008 and conducted studies of the planet’s polar region.
- 2012: Apple Inc. has become The most valuable publicly traded company in history, with a market capitalization of over $620 billion.
- 2018Former President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, has died at the age of 95. Mugabe was a controversial figure, initially celebrated for his role in ending colonial rule, but later criticized for his authoritarian rule and economic policies.
Well, let’s do this Wordle!
How to solve Wordle today
hint: Tolstoy put this one second.
Hint: This word contains a repeated letter.
See Wordle #796 yesterday here.
Wordle Bot Analysis
After every word I solve, I turn towards it to the Wordle Bot homepage Let’s see how my guessing game was.
Finally, a very good guessing game today. power (As in force, as in new star Wars series Ahsoka On Disney Plus – read my review – out) left me with only 21 words. lungs I lowered that number to just 4. My next guess was a lucky but reasonable one to rule out other options, and it also fetched Hello to the galaxy. the estate!
I get 1 point for guessing in three and 0 for tying the Wordle Bot. 1 for me! Hazza again!
The word ‘peace’ has its origins in Old English and is derived from the Proto-Germanic word ‘friþuz’, meaning ‘peace and quiet’. This word is related to Old Saxon “frithu”, Old High German “fridu”, and Old Norse “friðr”, all of which have similar meanings.
The concept of peace has deep historical and cultural significance and has been a fundamental aspiration of societies throughout history. The word itself reflects the desire for harmony, the absence of conflict, a state of calm and stability.
Play competitive word against me!
I’ve been playing ruthless PvP Wordle against my enemy Wordle But. Now you must play against me! I can be your enemy! (And the handy Wordle guide, of course). You can too Play against a bot if you have a New York Times subscription.
- Here are the rules:
- 1 point For a wordle in 3 guesses.
- 2 points To get it in 2 guesses.
- 3 points To get it in 1 guess.
- 1 point to hit me
- 0 points To get it in 4 guesses.
- -1 point To get it in 5 guesses.
- -2 points To get it in 6 guesses.
- -3 points to lose.
- -1 point for losing me
You can either keep a running record of your score if that’s your jam or just play daily if you prefer.
As always, I am happy to be followed here on this blog and Subscribe to my YouTube channel And my sub stack So you can stay up to date with all the TV, Movies and Video Games reviews and coverage. Thanks!
Follow me Twitter. paying off my website.
Future teen idol. Typical social media ninja. Alcohol buff. Explorer. Creator. Beer advocate.”