Thursday was another tense day on the Ukrainian-Russian border. In the morning, Operation Staff of the Joint Armed Forces of Ukraine announced that missiles had been fired by Russian-backed separatists at Donbass. They went to a kindergarten in Stanica Ługańska In the Luhansk region. Two civilians were injured. President Volodymyr Zhelensky He called it the “big provocation.”
The separatists in Donbass accused Ukrainian troops of attacking their position, which the Ukrainian administration has vehemently denied.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dimitro Guleba A tank was reportedly shot down in eastern Ukraine. Yasser Halid Sevik, Chief Observer of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine, lined up overnight 500 eruptions occurredMainly in the Luhansk region.
About 20 Russian naval vessels began training in the Caspian Sea on Thursday. Minister of Defense of Russia Sergei Shoiku He said it was part of a broader military maneuver involving most of its land and naval forces.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov He said the situation in Donbass was “rising”, referring to “the greatest offensive capability of Ukrainian forces”. The Kremlin expressed deep concern about the “violence in eastern Ukraine” and hoped that the West would use its influence over Kiev to prevent further escalation. In addition, Peskov accused Kiev of “terrible provocations” and the firing by Ukrainian forces in the first place.
“Russia is building bridges, field hospitals and other military infrastructure, so we can not take lightly the words that reduce their severity,” CNN quoted the source as saying. The station estimates that the bridge could be used by the Russian military to attack Kiev.
– Evidence shows that Russia is moving towards invasion – Said Linda Thomas-Greenfield, US Ambassador to the United Nations. The US diplomat added Anthony Blingen He will unexpectedly perform at the UN Security Council.
Blingen spoke about the Russian threat in his speech. – The main responsibility of this Council (UN) is to fight war and maintain peace. As we meet here today, the potential for Russian aggression against Ukraine is the greatest danger. However, the shares extend beyond the borders of Ukraine. The crisis directly affects every member of this council and every person in the world, “said Blingen.
As the US Secretary of State insisted, Russia is not only withdrawing its forces, but also strengthening its forces. – Russia is now preparing an excuse to attack Ukraine. This is the bombing in Russia, the discovery of mass graves. Such actions would be described as “mass genocide”. I did not take it lightly – he insisted.
The Kremlin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Russia’s intention to launch an attack on Ukraine, including US President Joe Biden, had heightened tensions. “Unfortunately, such reports only aggravate the problem,” said Peskov, quoting RIA Novosti.
A meeting of EU leaders was also held in Brussels on Thursday. Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki He said the language used by Russia was political intimidation, military intimidation and case blackmail. As the head of government added, awareness of the dangers of EU leaders is high. He also said that Ukraine needed funding and weapons.
– We are concerned that Russia is looking for an excuse to occupy Ukraine. Charles Michael, President of the Council of Europe, after a meeting of European leaders on Thursday, is committed to defending our values.
The meeting of the Defense Ministers of the North Atlantic Coalition in Brussels also continued. – The doors of NATO will remain open and all membership decisions will be left to the Allies. The right of each country to choose its own path is fundamental. This right must be respected. The NATO leader said the allies support the regional unity of Ukraine and Georgia. Jens Stoltenberg.
– Russia’s unquestionably blaming cyber-attacks against Ukraine are imminent, but these are actions taken from a set of funds used by Russia – the U.S. Secretary of Defense said Thursday. Lloyd Austin. He added that he also expects Russian cyber attacks and provocations. The head of the Pentagon then moved to Warsaw. He is scheduled to meet with President Andrzej Duda on Friday.
At his conference at the White House Joe Biden he said “Everything indicates that they (the Russians) are ready to invade Ukraine.”. This was reported by President Aidan to ABC News at the White House The invasion will take place in a few days.
He told reporters that the threat of a Russian invasion of Ukraine was “very high” and that Russia was carrying out a “false flag” operation that it wanted to use to justify the invasion.
Head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dimitro Guleba Announced at a conference with his British ally on Thursday Liz Truss In Kiev, a new form of cooperation will be created between Ukraine, Great Britain and Poland.
– Today we are proud to announce the launch of a new tripartite form of cooperation between Ukraine, Great Britain and Poland – said Guleba. – Unfortunately, for logistical reasons, we can not report this to the three of us. Our Polish colleague Zbigniew Rao should also be here, but he is far away from us – said the Ukrainian minister.
Demonstration of “Warsaw in solidarity with Ukraine” took place in Plac Defilad in the capital. The city council’s resolution on unity with Ukraine in the face of impending war was read.
– We have always supported a strong, independent Ukraine. The president of Warsaw said Poland was the first country to recognize its independence Rafal Trusskovsky.
Watch the full episode live on Thursday Here.
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”