In a brief speech to the media ahead of the extraordinary NATO summit in Brussels, President Andrzej Duda also mentioned Poland’s plans to organize a peace mission in Ukraine. “We will discuss it,” he added.
At headquarters NATO in Brussels An extraordinary meeting of the heads of state and government of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization will take place on Thursday Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. He is also expected to attend the climax by video call President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zhelensky.
– We will take care of it The effects of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, our strong support for Ukraine and further strengthening of NATO defenses and defenses in response to the new reality of our security. At this critical juncture, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said before the meeting that North America and Europe should still stand together in NATO, announcing the summit. President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda and President of the United States Joe Biden.
– President Putin’s brutal invasion of Ukraine causes daily deaths and destruction. This shocked the world and shook the international order. We have been exposing a long list of Russian lies for months. They did not plan to invade Ukraine, but they did. They said they would withdraw their troops, but more were sent. They claim to protect civilians, but kill civilians, he said.
Stoltenberg He declined to send NATO troops and aircraft to Ukraine.
– We have made it clear that we will not send NATO troops or aircraft. We do this because it is our responsibility to ensure that this conflict does not escalate beyond Ukraine, as it will cause even more suffering, death and destruction, Stoltenberg told a news conference.
– The creation of a no-fly zone over Ukraine indicates the need to impose it. To impose it, Russia must launch a massive offensive against Russian air defense systems in Belarus and Ukraine, and be prepared to shoot down Russian planes. He added that then the risk of a full-scale war between NATO and Russia would be very high.
He recalled that NATO allies had provided significant military support to Ukraine.
– (Allied countries) have trained tens of thousands of Ukrainian soldiers, who are now fighting on the front lines against the invading Russian forces. The Ukrainian army has better weapons, better training and better command than it had in 2014. The combination of training and support with the courage of the Ukrainian armed forces means that the Ukrainians can resist and counterattack (…). We supply Ukraine with advanced anti-aircraft defense systems, anti-tank weapons, ammunition and fuel. – Stoltenberg calculated.
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”