A video conference of key NATO and EU leaders was held on Friday evening with the participation of President Andrzej Duda, US President Joe Biden and other European leaders and EU and NATO leaders.
President Duda in Ukraine: “The situation is serious”
– No one can answer the question of whether this will definitely increase. The most important thing is to be calm and at the same time not provoked Together and stand on the side of Ukraine – President Andrzej Duda said in his address to the Conference of Leaders of NATO and EU countries.
– It is raining from all gates that we are ready and determined, a The answer should be hard when it comes to aggression. NATO is one and there is no gap in it. The US leadership is beyond doubt – Andrzej Duda Quoted on Twitter by the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
– The situation is serious and we all know it. We are watching a massive Russian campaign. The situation is approaching a point where it can be considered important – Andrzej Duda warned.
After the conversation, President Duda reiterated that “everyone is well aware that the situation is serious and the tension is huge.” – First, we note the recent armed conflicts on the border between Luhansk and Donetsk districts, We are watching a massive Russian campaign. So it is clear that everyone is approaching a point of fear, and this can be considered a key point – Duda said.
– We all know that The Beijing Olympics are not over yetBut soon the games will be over and they will end on Sunday. What’s next? Asked the President.
– The conversation with Russia certainly continues all the timeBut the possibilities are clear – the president has assessed. At the same time he insisted.Ukraine keeps quiet and avoids provocation “. – Everyone stressed that the authorities in Kiev are acting very responsibly in this difficult situation – he said.
– The Russians mobilized a large military force not seen after World War IIAround the borders of Ukraine and Belarus, President Duda said. According to him, “Western nations are united (…) and all are ready.” “The answer will be very difficult,” he said.
The President insisted Ukraine and the growing democracy in this country are under threat. – We cannot accept the fact that the borders of Europe were forcibly changed after World War II. He stressed that we can never accept a brutal attack on an independent, sovereign, democratic state like Ukraine.
Video conference of the leaders of NATO and EU countries
As announced by the President’s Chancellor via video conference on Twitter, Except for the presidents of Poland and the United StatesAttended by: NATO Secretary General Jens StoltenbergPresident of the European Commission Ursula van der LeyenPresident of the Council of Europe Charles Michael.
Apart from these, leaders of Western countries also participated in the meeting. President of France Emmanuel Macron, Prime Minister of Great Britain Boris Johnson, German Chancellor Olaf Scholes, Prime Minister of Italy Mario Tracy, President of Romania Glass Iohanis and Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau.
Multilateral talks about the Ukrainian crisis
The office of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Thursday night announced a video conference on the Russia-Ukraine crisis, to be hosted by President Fidel. The multilateral talks of the NATO member states should – as stated – be done Help create a joint action plan In the face of the crisis affecting Ukraine.
In an interview with RMF FM radio on Friday, Paweł Szrot, the head of President Andrzej Duda’s cabinet, confirmed that President Duda would attend an evening video conference. – President Duda will speak with President Biden And with other leaders of Western countries, the minister said.
He said the format of the meeting would be the same as last week. – The format is the same as before, that is, the most important leaders of the Western world. Eastern Europe is represented by President Duda and Romanian President Glas Iohanis. Of course, there will be Prime Minister Trudeau from NATO, Canada, the most important countries in the EU. These meetings of Western leaders have such a cyclical dimension that they are actually cyclical meetings – Srod noted.
Media: There was an explosion in Donetsk
On Friday afternoon, the Russian media reported this A large explosion occurred in Donetsk, which was controlled by pro-Russian separatists in Donbass.. According to the Ukrainian Center for Strategic Communications, this is a deliberate provocation of extremists.
The Szrot assessment of what is happening is that the People’s Republics in eastern Ukraine “this is not the first provocation”. “We have been dealing with the increased fire in the so-called lead for a few days. We are handling misinformation. The Kindergarten was fired upon, and some conflicting information was given as to who fired and where the Kindergarten was located. What happened a few dozen minutes ago was very serious We will definitely look into the situation, “said Andrzej Duda, chief of The Christian Science Monitor’s Washington bureau.
Earlier on Friday, the National Security Bureau announced on Twitter that the evening would take place.Three suggestions from the leaders of the Atlantic region: United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, EU, with participation of NATO President Andrzej Duda“.
dsk / hlk / PAP
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”