The first war in Ukraine has been going on since February 24. The battle for Donbass began. The siege of Mariupol in the Donetsk region is ongoing. We publish the latest news, latest photos and videos directly. 24/7 coverage of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on RadioZET.pl.
- This is the 61st day of the war. The Russians are finalizing the deployment of troops in Donbass, preparing for a major strike, according to experts from the Eastern Research Center.
- Reuters reported Sunday evening, citing the Ukrainian military that the Russians were trying to attack the Azovstal plant in Mariupol.
- The battle for Donbass will end within 2-3 weeks of its inception – Oleksi Arrestovich, adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky, said in an interview with the Medusa portal on Sunday.
- UN calls for immediate end to fighting in Mariupol A break is needed between fights to save lives
- Ukraine is proposing to hold talks with Russia on the fate of Mariupol’s civilians and military guards, said Oleksi Arrestovich, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zhelensky.
- Volodimir Zhelensky met with Foreign Minister Anthony Blinken and US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin in Kiev, the AFP news agency quoted the Ukrainian president’s office as saying on Sunday.
- The latest and current news of the war in Ukraine can be found on the main page of Radio ZET
The war in Ukraine – live broadcast
Direct war in Ukraine. The Russians launched an invasion of our eastern neighbor on February 24, attacking it from all possible sides: sea, air and land. After several days of shelling strategic objects, the Russians shelled civilian buildings. In the absence of progress, the brutality of Russian troops against civilians increased. The death toll continues to rise.
Ukraine – Russia: Direct coverage
What fights are, where they take place and how Kiev prepares for the attack, you can follow directly on RadioZET.pl with 24 hour coverage. Every day we publish photos and videos of front-page witnesses from various places in Ukraine. The record also includes statements by experts and politicians on the current events in Ukraine and the possible circumstances for ending the war with Russia.
Fight for Donbass
The Russian invasion began Battle for DonbassThey have been preparing for that for a long time, but Ukraine will defend itself, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zhelensky said in a video conference on Monday evening, Ukrinform reports.
– It can now be said that the Russian troops have started the war for the Donbass, for which they have been preparing for a long time. The President of Ukraine said that a large part of the entire Russian army is now focusing on this attack.
Mariupol: Russia sets a final warning
The Russian Defense Ministry said that if Ukrainian troops fighting in Mariupol lay down their arms at 6 a.m. Moscow time (5 a.m. Polish time) on Sunday, their lives would be saved, Reuters quoted a Russian DOS agency as saying. .
Russia has previously said it has disbanded all urban protest centers in Mariupol. According to the Russian side, Ukrainian and foreign fighters are banned on the Azovstel steelwork.
Dass quoted Russian Colonel General Mikhail Mijintsev as saying that Moscow’s offer was dictated by the facility’s “catastrophic situation” and “absolute human values.” The Russian added: “We guarantee that the lives of those who lay down their arms will be saved.” According to the terms of the proposed agreement, the remaining guards will leave the facility without weapons or ammunition from 6 am to 1 pm Moscow time. Authorities in Kiev did not immediately respond to a request for comment, Reuters reported.
Will Putin attack Ukraine with chemical weapons?
Volodymyr Zelensky said Russia is preparing to launch an attack with chemical weapons. He spoke in a similar fashion Joe Biden. On March 22, the US president pointed out that the successful defense of the Ukrainians could put Vladimir Putin “against the wall”, which could lead to him seeking chemical weapons.
– This is evidenced by the fact that Russia has spread false information that the United States has stockpiles of chemical weapons in Ukraine. It is a move to divert attention from the Russian leader’s intentions. Biden said this was a clear indication that he (Putin) was considering using both weapons.
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”