Speaking to reporters before the start of the World Champion Challenge event in New Providence, Bahamas, Woods said Norman “has got to go.”
Asked if the LIV Golf Series and the PGA Tour could coexist, Woods said, “Not now, not with their leadership, not with Greg over there and his hostility toward the Tour itself. I don’t see that happening.”
After the launch of the LIV Golf series earlier this year, golf has been divided as many of the top players have moved from the PGA Tour to the competing series.
Earlier this year, LIV Golf Join an antitrust lawsuit Along with some of its players, they alleged that the PGA Tour threatened lifetime bans on players who participate in the LIV Golf Series.
The lawsuit also alleges that the PGA Tour threatened sponsors, vendors, and agents to force players to give up opportunities to play at LIV Golf events and access to their members.
The PGA Tour filed a counterclaim in late September, alleging “harmful interference with the tour’s contracts with its members”.
The LIV Golf series is backed by the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) – a sovereign wealth fund headed by Mohammed bin Salman, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
In the controversial Big Money Tour’s inaugural season, world number one Dustin Johnson won the singles title and $18 million in prize money.
Woods — who returned to golf earlier this year after serious injuries sustained in a car accident — had previously voiced his opposition to the LIV Golf Series, and reaffirmed his position on Wednesday.
“I think Greg should go first of all, and then, obviously, sue us and then sue them, those too should be in residence,” said the 15-time lead hero. “Then we can talk, we can all talk freely.”
In an interview with Fox News that aired in August, Norman said Woods turned down an offer of approximately $700 to $800 million to join the LIV Golf Series.
Earlier this month, world number one Rory McIlroy called on Norman to step down at the top of the breakaway series.
LIV Golf declined to comment on Woods’ recent remarks when contacted by CNN.
Woods hasn’t competed since July and this week announced he’s withdrawing from the Hero World Challenge with plantar fasciitis – pain at the base of the foot.
“It was a tough decision just because I want to play,” Woods said. “I love to play, I love to compete, but unfortunately — I can hit a golf ball and hit any shot you want — I can’t walk.
“I had some setbacks during the year that I was still able to play through in a way, but that’s something I can’t do.”
He said his goal next year is just to play the big leagues and one or two more tournaments because that’s all he can handle physically.
“Coffee ninja. Web fan. Hipster-friendly beer enthusiast. Professional creator.”