Sunday marks the 613th day of Russia’s war against Ukraine. Around 3:20 a.m. local time, a Ukrainian drone crashed into an oil refinery in Russia’s Krasnodar Oblast. According to initial reports, no one was injured. Local officials said the fire, caused by a drone strike, was extinguished within half an hour. Earlier, Russian air defense systems destroyed 36 drones launched by Ukraine over the Black Sea off the coast of the Crimean peninsula overnight, the Russian Defense Ministry said. Follow Virtualna Polska’s live coverage.
- Fierce but inconclusive fighting has continued over the past week around the Ukrainian city of Avdiivka in the Donetsk region, where Russia launched a major offensive in mid-October, the British Ministry of Defense said on Saturday. Up to 4,000 people may have died. Russians.
They look for traces of them on duty at night in the fields near Odessa, destroying them before they damage a civilian house, power transformer or harbor grain silo. Russian drone killers enjoy every shot they fire. Each brings Ukraine’s victory closer – they say in an interview with PAP.
– More dangerous are kamikaze drones from the sea and targeting civilian infrastructure or grain warehouses in Black Sea ports. Our group has shot down five pieces in recent weeks, but we have a crew in our unit that only shot down five in one night – the commander of one such unit boasts. His nickname is Artist.
A team of drone hunters consists of four or five people. They move in off-road vehicles equipped with heavy machine guns.
Ukrainian Air Defense Forces destroyed five Shahed drones launched by the Russians overnight, Ukrinform reported.
Russian forces continued offensive operations near Avdiivka on October 28, but did not make any confirmed territorial gains – writes the US Institute of War Research (ISW).
The Russians continued local offensives west and southwest of Donetsk, but made no confirmed progress.
Initial reports indicate that no one was injured in a drone attack on an oil refinery in Russia’s Krasnodar region. Local officials said the fire, caused by a drone strike, was extinguished within half an hour. The cause of the incident is being investigated.
On Sunday morning, explosions were heard in the Khmelnytskyi region of Ukraine. Local officials said the air defense system was activated and shot down the enemy missiles. There was no damage or loss of life.
A Ukrainian drone struck an oil refinery in Russia’s Krasnodar region. A fire broke out in the plant after the explosion.
Musa Abu Marzouk, a member of Hamas’s political bureau and head of its “foreign relations”, said Russia had asked for information on eight civilians held hostage in the Gaza Strip.
– We received the list of citizens from the Russian side, we are treating it very carefully and will analyze it in detail. We consider Russia as our closest friend – said Marzouk, quoted by Ria Novosti.
According to Belarusian protesters, Russian drone operator instructors are to come to the country to conduct training. The National Resistance Center said they were to be sent to a center in Peresa.
Last night alone, the Russians said they shot down 36 Ukrainian drones over Crimea.
October 29 nightAnd an air alert was declared in several parts of Ukraine over drone attacks. The alarm is valid in Kherson, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhia and Mykolaiv regions.
There have been reports of explosions in occupied Crimea. Explosions were reported in the Chornomorskie region.
A video appeared online showing Russian armored vehicles burning near Avdivka.
Sumy, Poltava and Chernihiv regions An aerial alert was issued due to the missile threat.
Oleksandr Tarnovsky, operational commander of the Ukrainian troops “Davria” group, said that Russian losses in the battles for Davria have recently begun to increase. “Rocket and artillery units fired 1,256 rounds during the day. Total enemy casualties were 529. 1 resident surrendered,” he wrote.
Ukrainian kamikaze drones in action near Avdiivka in Donetsk region.
Former members of Wagner’s group are transferred to the Chechen Akhmat division and return to the front in Ukraine – the commander of the division Abdi Aladinov told RAI Novosti.
– Previously, the Wagnerians came to us only occasionally. Now we are massively reinforced by Wagner’s mercenaries. (…) Former commanders (of the Wagner Group – Ed.) are coming (to the Achmad Battalion – Ed.), and their subordinates are slowly coming with them – he said.
According to Aladdino, during the war the “Akhmat” divisions and the Wagner group more than once acted in successive divisions of the front.
– You could say we were “neighbors” for a while. We were always sure that where the Wagner units were located, our neighbors were firmly established, and we never worried about it. Similarly, it should be noted that the Wagnerians always speak of us with great respect, the Chechen official concluded.
In addition, Wagner fighters chose the Akhmat because the Akhmat offered a similar lifestyle of commanders and fighters in the unit, a high level of training and everything necessary for combat operations.
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”