– I can say the most important words for our security, for our country, for our armed forces, for our common security, for the security of Ukraine and the whole of Europe. It’s one word: tanks. I am grateful for the decision taken by the Government of the Republic of Poland – Volodymyr Zelenskiy began his speech, addressing Andrzej Duda, who was standing next to him.
– I am grateful to the Lithuanians, Mr. President, I am directly grateful to you for the decision to provide Ukraine with air defense systems that will strengthen the defense of our energy systems against Iranian drone attacks – thanks the President of Ukraine Kitanas Nouseda. , President of Lithuania.
“Ukraine is absolutely grateful for these decisions. It is very good that we take them in the form of the Lublin triangle. It shows how important our meeting is, how important our cooperation is between our countries, true friends and partners,” Zelensky stressed.
– On behalf of the Ukrainian people, I am grateful to the Polish and Lithuanian people who showed their readiness to stand by our side on the path to victory. We will defend this victory as brothers, as allies, as a whole free world.”
President Zelensky said that today’s meeting focused a lot on Ukraine’s integration with the European Union and NATO. – We are preparing for the Ukraine-EU summit, we are preparing for further negotiations on Ukraine’s membership. I hope it will happen this year,” he said.
– We meet again in Ukraine, the three of us. As we met in December 2021 in Huta, Carpathians, Ivano-Frankivsk region. We met in Kiev a few hours before the Russian aggression against Ukraine, we came to support our friend President Volodymyr Zelensky, but in this difficult situation we support the whole Ukrainian nation and Ukraine, so we are back in Ukraine. Today – said Andrzej Duda.
At Wednesday’s conference in Lviv, the Polish president noted the most important topics discussed during the talks between the leaders of the three countries. One of them is direct support, mainly military. – Poland has had a very active role here since the beginning. He emphasized that we were the first state to provide spectacular aid to Ukraine at that time.
Since the start of the Russian invasion, Poland and Ukraine, Duda estimates, have provided 240 tanks, millions of rounds of ammunition, Grote carbines, grappling howitzers and Beorun anti-aircraft missiles in possession of the Ukrainian military.
– We support Ukraine and will provide weapons, as part of the modernization of the Polish army, which has recently been significantly accelerated – the president assured.
President Andrzej Duda: Poland will hand over the company of Leopard tanks to Ukraine
– Panther Tanks Company will be handed over as part of alliance structure. Because, as you know, we have to meet the whole range of formal requirements, approvals and so on, which are needed for this purpose, but above all we want it to be an international alliance – President Duda said at a press conference with Ukraine. President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and Lithuanian President Kitanas Nauseda after the Lublin Triangle Summit.
– Also, within this international alliance, we decided to replace the first tank set, Leopard Tank Company, which I hope will be submitted by other Leopard Tank Companies and other countries (Tanks – Edition). Will soon be able to travel to Ukraine and strengthen Ukraine’s security. Such a decision has already been made in Poland, the Polish president said.
Ukraine’s leader announced that his country hopes to reach agreement and “joint decisions” among countries still considering tank replacements. According to Zelensky, a country cannot provide such a number to guarantee Ukraine’s victory.
– In the 21st century, a European country like Ukraine, free and sovereign, is brutally attacked to deprive people of their freedom. This aggression must stop. Andrej Duda said that this is one of the biggest challenges facing the entire free world in recent decades.
Andrzej Duda’s meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky in Lviv
Duda and Nausseda arrived in Lviv on Wednesday. Earlier, the media reported that Zelensky came to the city on a mission. Its purpose is to talk about security in the north-western part of the country, viz. Threat of attack from Belarusian direction.
“As for the situation on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, now there are only threats,” the Ukrainian president said.
“We don’t see anything there other than strong announcements, but we have to be prepared,” Zelensky said.
Recently, there have been more and more signs that the Russians may attack from the territory of Belarus, and the regime of Alexander Lukashenko may even enter the war. According to Defense Minister announcements from Minsk, the Air Forces of the two countries will conduct joint exercises from January 16 to February 1.
Duda also visited the Lwów Eaglets Cemetery.
The Lublin Triangle is a form of trilateral cooperation between Poland, Lithuania and Ukraine. It was established in 2020 and aims to deepen political, economic and social cooperation between these countries and support Ukraine’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations.
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”