- Tetiana Sokolovska served in Mariupol during the first weeks of the war. About the middle of March it fell into the hands of the Russians
- – They constantly transported the women from place to place, thereby mentally torturing them. They said all the time that Ukraine and Ukrainians are gone – says the nurse’s sister
- Female prisoners were given very little food and little water to drink. This changed before returning to Ukraine
- On Monday, Ukrainian authorities announced another prisoner-of-war exchange, in which more than 100 women were freed from Russian custody.
Sokolovska has been working in the Medical Institute of the Ukrainian Army since 2017. February 24, Russian Invasion Day, Stayed like Mary. During the first weeks of the war, he assisted the Metallurgical Joint Forces. Ilyich, then, in mid-March, she was captured by Russia. – He last called on March 16. And then there was no contact with him – Olesya Karvacka, the nurse’s sister, reported.
– I learned from the Russian channel on Telegram that Tetyana is in captivity. When our girls were in the hands of the enemy, they were all photographed and their photos were published on the channel “Meet the chachła (insulting Russian term for Ukrainians – Ed.) by hair”. They had no names or surnames, only numbers – said the interlocutor of Saspilny.
For the next six months, Karvaka knew nothing of her sister’s fate. She tried to contact those released from Russian prison, but to no avail.
On Monday, Sokolovska returned to her hometown of Koriukivka in the Chernihiv region of northern Ukraine. – She cried, she experienced and endured a lot, but finally she is home. A lot of emotions, a lot of tears – admitted Karvaka.
The sister gave her a shocking account of the conditions in Russian captivity. – They constantly transported the women from place to place, thereby mentally torturing them. They said all the time that Ukraine and Ukrainians were gone, and forced the prisoners to accept the citizenship of Russia or the citizenship of the Donetsk People’s Republic. (…) Bill, and if medical help is needed, they asked: “Do you need help?”. If someone initially believed that help would be provided, they beat that person even more, so that no one would ask for support anymore – said the interlocutor of the Ukrainian portal.
Russians abused women by forcing them to exercise and kicking them. Female prisoners were given very little food and little water to drink. This changed before returning to Ukraine. – The sister said that they were not fed for two days, until suddenly they were allowed to eat well. She understood that they were taking prisoners for exchange – Karvaka informed.
Sokolowska is currently in a rehabilitation center. As her sister announced, the nurse was unlikely to return to service in the army. – She will be held captive and remembered as Mariupol for the rest of her life. I don’t think he will go back to the army. But there are some women who have already announced that they are going – she stressed.
Andriy Yermak, the head of Ukraine’s president’s office, said on Monday that 108 women were released from Russian prisons as part of another exchange of prisoners between Kiev and Moscow. They are both female soldiers and civilians.
The politician said that 37 of those under the exchange have been expelled Azovstal plants in Mariupol, 11 officers, 85 privates and sergeants, including more. The women were captured on the territory of the self-proclaimed republics in the Donbass before Russia launched its aggression against Ukraine.
Date Created: Today, 19:07
. “Hardcore internet junkie. Award-winning bacon ninja. Social media trailblazer. Subtly charming pop culture advocate. Falls down a lot.”